Present Simple Passive. Exercises. Упражнения на страдательный залог
Упражнения на тему Present Simple Passive предлагаются с ответами (with answers) и идут от простых к более сложным. На сайте планируется большое количество упражнений на тему Passive Voice с ответами. Смотрите полезные ссылки внизу страницы.
Easy exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1 . Fill in the verb is or are.
- Grammar rules . always learnt by heart.
- Rare animals . protected in many countries.
- This scarf . made by my granny.
- Animals in the reserve . fed two times a day.
- The same shirts . worn by all the members of our team.
- New Belarussian books . shown in our library
- Many Belarussian towns . described in this book.
- Dinner . always cooked by my mother.
- This place . crowded on Sunday.
- Our village . surrounded with a forest.
Упражнение 2. Write true sentences in Passive Voice. Use the words in table.
sent via satellite.
played in England.
sold in music shops.
made in Germany.
used to access the Internet.
invited to the concert
brought in the morning
cooked by my mother
painted by my friend
cleaned every day
given text-books at school
written in English
not allowed to ride a motor-bike.
grown in many countries.
Упражнение 3 . Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
- I . (like / am liked) this place.
- What books by Charles Dickens . (translated / are translated) into Belarussian?
- Who . (protects / is protected) animals?
- This city . (is visited / visited) by many people.
- Who . (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
- Our house . (made /is made) of wood.
- Our holiday . (is begun / begins) next week.
- Pupils . (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
- The holiday . (celebrated / is celebrated) every year.
Exercises on Present Simple Passive.
Level : Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 4 . Fill in the gaps using the Present Simple Passive Voice form of the verb in brackets.
Mushroom and Ham Salad
First, 5 mushrooms … (1 – cut) into small pieces and …(2 — mix) with two cut spring onions. Then, 100 g cooked ham …(3— cut) into fine cubes. Now, mushrooms, onions and ham … (4 — mix) in a bowl. Finally, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice … (5 — mix) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the mixture… (6 — add) to the salad mixture. Enjoy your salad!
The news reporter and a camera operator _______ (1 – send) to investigate a news story. People_____ (2 – interview) by a reporter and the interviews ______ (3 – film) by a camera operator. The film ____ (4 – take) back to the TV studio, and the best parts of the film _______ (5 – choose) by the news editor. Finally, the news report ______ (6 – send) to televisions in people’s homes and the news _____ (7 – watch) by people all over the country.
My motherland is the Republic of Belarus. My country (1 – situate) in the centre of Europe. It (2 – make up) of six regions: Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev. Belarus (3 – not wash) by any seas or oceans, so it (4 – not separate) from other countries by seas and oceans. Belarus (5 – border) by five countries.
Belarus is mostly flat (плоская). Some uplands can (6 – find) near Minsk and in some districts of Mogilev and Grodno regions. Most of Belarus (7 – cover) by forests. It is a beautiful country with a lot of lakes.
Упражнение 5. Put the passive sentences in order.
- in a lot of schools / are / used / Computers
- of plastic / made / are / CDs
- seen / The information / on a screen/can be
- are / very quickly / The answers / calculated
- played / The game / is / on a computer
- with a modem / are / sent / E-mails
- is / on a disk / Information / stored
- sent / Text messages / are / using mobile phones
- to get information / used / is / The Internet
Упражнение 6. Respond to the situations with a negative sentence using the words and word combinations in brackets.
Cars are made at this factory, (bicycles)
— But bicycles are not made at this factory.
- Bread is sold in this shop, (milk)
- Our house is built of wood, (their house)
- My books are kept on the shelf. exercise-books )
- My younger sister is usually given fruit and milk for supper, (my elder brother)
- Apples are grown in Belarus, (oranges)
- Glass is made of sand, (paper)
- My dresses are made by my mother, (jackets)
- Films are watched by many people, (sports programmes)
- This apple-tree is planted by me. (that cherry-tree)
- All the words are always learnt by the pupils. (rules)
Упражнение 7. Answer the questions in Simple Present Passive.
Is football played in the yard?
— Yes, it is. It’s sometimes played in the yard.
— No, it isn’t. It’s usually played in the field.
Is it played by boys or by girls?
— It’s played by boys as a rule.
- Are you always given good marks?
- Is your friend also given good marks?
- Is your homework always done in time?
- Are you often given money by your parents?
- Is chess played by two or three people?
- Are you often punished at home?
- Are trees planted in summer or in autumn?
- Are you shown pictures at your English lessons?
- Are your exercise-books collected at the beginning or at the end of the lesson?
Упражнение 8. Ask for more information about the sentences using the words in brackets.
The children are left after the lessons.(why,how often)
— Why are the children left after the lessons?
—How often are the children left after the lessons?
- The game is won by our school team, (what game)
- The map is brought from England, (when)
- My books are not kept on the shelf, (why)
- School meetings are held every month, (where)
- The glass is filled with something, (what)
- Hockey is usually played by boys, (when)
- Oranges are not grown in Belarus, (why)
- The dinner is not yet served, (why)
- New rules are explained at the lesson, (by whom)
Exercises on Present Simple Passive. Level – Intermediate.
Упражнение 9. Answer the questions using the words in brackets.
- Do many tourists come to Britain? (is visited )
- Where is the ‘garden of England? (is situated)
- Does it snow in the mountains of Wales? (are covered with)
- What language do people in Scotland speak? (is spoken)
- Are there many seas around the country? (is surrounded by / is washed by)
- Do they make world-famous crafts and clothes in Scotland? (are made)
- Do many people know about the beautiful mountains and lakes of Wales? (are known all over the world)
- Why is the green colour a symbol of Northern Ireland? (is covered)
Упражнение 10. Make up questions in Simple Present Passive.
Past Simple Passive Exercises with answers. Упражнения на пассивный залог
Предлагаю Вам выполнить следующие упражнения на Passive Voice. Сегодня мы отработаем простое прошедшее время в пассивном залоге. Все упражнения предлагаются с ответами. По сложности упражнения на пассивный залог расположены от наиболее простых – к сложным.
Easy exercises on Past Simple Passive.
Упражнение 1. Fill in the verb in the Past Active or Passive Voice.
- The Cape of Good Hope . (discovered / was discovered) by Bartolomeo Dias.
- The clown . (entertained / was entertained) the public.
- We . (arrived/ were arrived) at the camp in time.
- Many experiments . (did/ were done) under water.
- Many people . (invited / were invited) to the festival.
- They . (discussed / were discussed) many exciting things.
- I . (learnt / was learnt) many interesting things in this unit.
- What artist . (painted / was painted) this picture?
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Pre-Intermediate.
Упражнение 2. Read the text. Put the verbs in brackets in Past Simple Passive. Guess the famous object.
This old building is in one of the countries of Europe. It’s not a natural object. It 1_______ (to make) by man a long time ago. Now it 2____________ (to see) as a tourist attraction. It’s a famous old building. It 3__________ (not to build) by the Romans. Galileo, the famous scientist, dropped heavy objects from this building to make his experiments. The upper floor 4 ___________ (to complete) in 1319. It 5_________ (to build) by Tommaso Pisano. The largest bell of the building 6 ____________ (to install) in 1655. The bell-chamber 7___________ (to add) in 1372.
Упражнение 3. Write down the historical facts. Use the dates from the box. Follow the example.
1067, 1870, 1607, 776 BC, 860, 1703, 1850
Example: Minsk (to found) — Minsk was founded in 1067.
- Minsk (to found).
- Ancient Troy (to find) by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann.
- The first English settlement (to found) in Virginia.
- The first Olympic Games (to hold) in Greece.
- Swedish Vikings (to invite) to rule Russia.
- St. Petersburg (to found) by Peter the Great.
- The first jeans (to make) by Oscar Levi Strauss
Упражнение 4. Write sentences. Use the past simple passive.
my laptop / steal / last week.
the men / arrest / by the police
the painting / sell / for £500
the goal / score / by Raul
these cars / make / by robots
Past Simple Passive Voice. Exercises Level Intermediate.
Упражнение 5. Write the sentences in the Passive Voice.
Olga sent me a postcard. (2)
— I was sent a postcard.
— A postcard was sent to me by Olga.
- I told him you were here.
- A boy showed me the way. (2)
- The waves carried the boat away.
- The Great Fire of London burnt many houses.
- The teachers told us something interesting.(2)
- Every morning I gave milk to my cat. (2)
- They sent us to clean the yard.
- They advised him to be more patient.
Упражнение 6. Rewrite the sentences in the passive form if possible. Use the example.
The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 .
- The Celts settled in Wales in 500 BC.
- The ancient Greeks built the Acropolis.
- A group of archaeologists found a dinosaur’s skeleton.
- I visited Rome in 2002.
- The aboriginals of Hawaii killed James Cook in 1779.
- Ford made his first car in 1896.
- Lewis Carroll wrote “Alice in Wonderland” in 1865.
Упражнение 7. Change the active sentences into passive sentences.
- They played the match in the evening.
- They calculated the answers very quickly.
- They filmed the movie in black and white.
- They sent the e-mail yesterday.
- They built our house ten years ago.
- Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.
- The shopkeeper opened the shop at nine o’clock.
Ответы к упражнениям. Answers to the exercises.
1 was discovered, 2 entertained, 3 arrived, 4 were done, 5 were invited, 6 discussed, 7 learnt, 8 painted
1 was made, 2 is seen, 3 wasn’t built, 4 was completed, 5 was built, 6 was installed, 7 was added
This is Piza Tower — Italy.
1 Minsk was founded in 1067. 2. Ancient Troy was found by German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann in 1870. 3. The first English settlement was founded in Virginia in 1607. 4. The first Olympic Games were held in Greece in 776 BC. 5. Swedish Vikings were invited to rule Russia in 860. 6. St. Petersburg was founded by Peter the Great in 1703. 7. The first jeans were made by Oscar Levi Strauss in the USA in 1850.
- My laptop was stolen last week.
- The men were arrested by the police.
- The painting was sold for £500.
- The goal was scored by Raul.
- These cars were made by robots.
- Не was told that you were here.
- I was shown the way by the boy./ The way was shown to me by the boy.
- The boat was carried away by the waves.
- Many houses were burnt by The Great Fire of London.
- We were told something interesting by the teachers. / Something interesting was told to us by the teachers.
- My cat was given milk every morning. / Milk was given to my cat every morning
- We were sent to clean the yard.
- Не was advised to be more patient.
Ответы 1. Wales was settled by the Celts in 500 BC. 2. The Acropolis was built by the ancient Greeks. 3. A dinosaur’s skeleton was found by a group of archaeologists. 5. James Cook was killed by the aboriginals of Hawaii. 7. “Alice in Wonderland” was written by Lewis Carroll in 1865.
- The match was played in the evening.
- The answers were calculated very quickly.
- The movie was filmed in black and white.
- The e-mail was sent yesterday.
- Our house was built ten years ago.
- Penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming.
- The shop was opened by the shopkeeper at nine o’clock.
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
2 Комментариев для «Past Simple Passive Exercises with answers. Упражнения на пассивный залог»
Упражнения простые, но весьма познавательные, узнал массу исторических сведений,Катрин весьма образованная девушка, редкость по нашим временам.
Passive Voice. Упражнения для начинающих (уровень 1)
Друзья! Мы изучили, как построить предложения в простых временах в Passive Voice. Упражнения помогут вам отработать эту непростую тему на практике. Упражнения даны по мере возрастания сложности.
Для начала проверьте себя и переведите на английский язык предложение.
Passive Voice. Упражнения для начинающих
Упражнение 1. Переведите на русский язык.
- Breakfast was cooked by our mother.
- The new rule was explained to us at the English lesson.
- The story was written by Chekhov.
- Yesterday the sports centre was visited by lots of people.
- This sports game is often played at P.E. lessons.
- The ball was thrown over the fence.
- The boxer was knocked down.
- I was born in Moscow.
- They will be trained by a famous coach.
- I will be sent to the competition tomorrow.
Упражнение 2. Выберите правильный вариант и переведите на русский язык.
- The news programme ( is watched / watched ) by millions of people every day.
- The Mona Lisa ( painted / was painted ) by Leonardo da Vinci.
- The new cinema ( be built / will be built ) next year.
- New pop groups ( are much spoken / is much spoken ) about among teenagers.
- Alexander Pushkin’s first poem ( was written / written ) when he was fourteen.
- The letters (be sent / will be sent ) by post tomorrow.
- The translation (was finished / were finished ) two hours ago.
- London ( visited / is visited ) by hundreds of tourists every year.
- The dinner ( be / will be ) ready in an hour (через час).
- The dogs (were taken out/ was taken out) three times yesterday.
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
- Tom always (to ask) at the lessons.
- I (to ask) at the last lesson.
- Our country house (to finish) next year.
- The dog (to find) by my sister yesterday.
- This work (to do) tomorrow.
- This text (to translate) at the last lesson.
- These trees (to plant) every autumn.
- Many interesting games always (to play) at our P.E. lessons.
- This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow.
- We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday.
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. My question (to answer) yesterday. 2. Hockey (to play) in winter. 3. Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn. 4. Many houses (to burn) during the war. 5. His new book (to finish) next year. 6. Flowers (to sell) in shops and in the streets. 7. St. Petersburg (to found) in 1703.8. Bread (to eat) every day. 9. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 10. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 11. I (to give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 12. Many houses (to build) in our town every year.
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки, выбирая требующуюся форму глагола.
1. At the station they will (meet, be met) by a man from the travel agency. 2. She will (meet, be met) them in the hall upstairs. 3. The porter will (bring, be brought) your luggage to your room. 4. Your luggage will (bring, be brought) up in the lift. 5. You may (leave, be left) your hat and coat in the cloakroom downstairs. 6. They can (leave, be left) the key with the clerk downstairs. 7. From the station they will (take, be taken) straight to the hotel. 8. Tomorrow he will (take, be taken) them to the Russian Museum.
Упражнение 6. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple, Present Perfect, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Future Simple. Используйте Активный и Пассивный залог.
- The house ____________(to build) in 2025.
- The boy _________ (not to hear) the news yet.
- The Brooks ___________(to become) famous last year.
- Money _____________(to keep) in a bank.
- The parcel __________(to send) yesterday.
- I would like ________________(to know) English very well.
- Where _________the road _______(to lead) to?
- Look! The leaves _______________(to fall).
- All the money ___________(to spend) on clothes last week.
- Where is the pie? Who _________(to eat) it?
Упражнение 7. Переведите на английский язык
- Детей наказывают…. — Детей наказали… — Детей накажут…. (punish)
- Хлеб едят… — Хлеб съели… — Хлеб съедят…
- Розы выращивают… — Розы вырастили… — Розы вырастят… (grow)
- Картину рисуют… — Картину нарисовали… — Картину нарисуют… (paint)
- Обо мне говорят. — Обо мне говорили. — Обо мне будут говорить. (talk about)
- О нас забывают — О нас забыли…. — О нас забудут… (forget)
ПРИМЕР. За доктором послали. — The doctor was sent for.
Упражнение 8. Переделайте предложения из активного залога в пассивный.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. We learn English. — English is learnt (by us).
- The teacher sent Peter home.-
- They told me about the accident. —
- We will find our pets. —
- Next year we will learn French. —
- The teacher asked her a question. —
- I take my dog out every day. —
Упражнение 9. (из пособия «Грамматика. Сборник упражнений. Ю. Голицынский)
Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple Active или Present Simple Passive.
- хвалить — praise
- рассказывать — tell
1. Я всегда хвалю моих друзей. 2. Меня всегда хвалят дома. 3. Каждую субботу папа показывает дедушке мои оценки. 4. Каждую субботу папе показывают мои оценки. 5. Мы часто вспоминаем вас. 6. Нас часто вспоминают в деревне. 7. Мне дают сок каждое утро. 8. Каждое утро я даю кошке молоко. 9. Он каждый день рассказывает нам что-нибудь интересное. 10. Ему каждый день рассказывают что-нибудь интересное.
Упражнение 10. (из пособия «Грамматика. Сборник упражнений. Ю. Голицынский)
Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple Active или Present Simple Passive.
1. Я часто посылаю письма друзьям. 2. Меня часто приглашают в кино. 3. Моей сестре всегда помогают в школе. 4. Я иногда забываю взять проездную карточку. 5. Он пишет много писем. 6. Собаки любят кости. 7. Собак любят много людей. 8. Когда в вашей семье пьют чай? 9. Почему эти правила всегда забывают? 10. Почему вы всегда забываете эти правила? 12. Где живут ваши друзья? 13. Где покупают хлеб? 14. Когда задают вопросы?
Упражнение 11. (из пособия «Грамматика. Сборник упражнений. Ю. Голицынский)
Переделайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice. Начните с выделенного слова.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. Mother waters the flowers in the evening. — The flowers are watered in the evening (by Mother).
1. Irene’s husband brought her some beautiful shells from the south. 2. The explorers gave the newspaper reporters a long interview. 3. Mr. Wilson will teach you English. 4. Tom gave Nick a book for his birthday. 5. Our mother tells us stories every evening. 6. Lydia will show you a new book of pictures. 7. A boy showed her the way. 8. They will send us a box of fruit. 9. Five or six small children followed them. 10. We will do the translation in the evening.
Здравствуйте! Для получения доступа к ответам необходимо оформить подписку. Ссылка в боковом меню — ОТВЕТЫ.